NPR Talks to Opioid Addict Finding Treatment
NPR’s podcast Embedded spoke recently with a former nurse named Joy who found herself addicted to an opioid called Opana. Click here to listen.
This episode of Embedded takes an in-depth look at Joy’s story, from how she found herself fixated on Opana to her start on the road to recovery. This unique look at opioid addiction – and the struggles and lucky breaks Joy experiences that allow her to get the methadone treatment she needs – reflect the current narrative surrounding the opioid epidemic in the United States.
Pyramid Healthcare offers methadone and Suboxone treatment for adults. Methadone and Suboxone both relieve the symptoms of opiate addiction and withdrawal, as well as block the effects of opioid use. In conjunction with therapy, managed use of methadone or Suboxone has proven to be extremely effective in treating opioid addiction.
If you believe that you or someone you know would benefit from methadone or Suboxone treatment with Pyramid Healthcare, call (888) 694-9996.
- The Importance of Life Skills: A Q&A with Sean Rhodes, Life Skills Specialist at Pyramid Healthcare Altoona Detox & Residential Treatment Center
- How to Help Your Loved One Avoid Substance Abuse
- Common Stigmas in Mental Health and How to Increase Awareness
- Mood Disorders: Types, Causes and Symptoms
- Identifying Your Major Depressive Disorder Symptoms