Take a Cab…We’ll Pay the Tab!
Pyramid Healthcare, Blair Drug & Alcohol Partnerships, the law offices of Edgar Snyder & Associates, and WTAJ-TV 10 are pleased to announce the return of their annual “Take a Cab, We’ll Pay the Tab” campaign.
On Thursday, December 31 from 10 PM – 3 AM, Pyramid Healthcare will provide free rides to New Year’s Eve revelers as part of an effort to reduce and ultimately eliminate alcohol-related traffic violations, crashes, and fatalities that occur during the holiday season.
For 20 years, the campaign has provided safe, free rides from sober drivers. Residents can get a free ride to a private residence anywhere within Blair County from bars, clubs, restaurants, or private homes. In 2014, “Take a Cab, We’ll Pay the Tab” provided 92 rides for 184 residents who otherwise may have chosen to get behind the wheel of a car after one too many drinks.
Residents of Blair County can call (814) 947-6805 any time between 10 PM and 3 AM on Thursday, December 31 for a free ride. Rides cannot be reserved in advance and passengers are responsible for providing and installing a child safety seat for each accompanying child. Voicemails left at the “Take a Cab” number cannot be returned.
- The Importance of Life Skills: A Q&A with Sean Rhodes, Life Skills Specialist at Pyramid Healthcare Altoona Detox & Residential Treatment Center
- How to Help Your Loved One Avoid Substance Abuse
- Common Stigmas in Mental Health and How to Increase Awareness
- Mood Disorders: Types, Causes and Symptoms
- Identifying Your Major Depressive Disorder Symptoms