New River Valley Residential Treatment Program
Located in Radford, Virginia, our licensed and accredited New River Valley Inpatient program provides low intensity 3.1 Residential and Partial Hospitalization programming for adult men and women struggling with substance use and co-occurring disorders.
Designed to meet the specific needs of each individual, our program staff includes medical professionals, a counseling team led by master’s level clinicians, and peers with experience managing substance use and mental health disorders.
Our treatment program includes evidence-based practices such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, and Mindfulness programming. Evidence based curriculum includes Living in Balance, Seeking Safety, and Trauma art and narrative therapy.
Additionally, based on the needs and preferences of the client, specialized groups have been developed that include Moral Recognition Therapy and the Trauma Recovery Empowerment Model. We also utilize individual sessions to specifically work with clients relative to their own trauma background, specific co-occurring needs, and relapse prevention.
Virginia Medicaid and most commercial medical insurances are accepted.
What We Offer
- Low Intensity Residential Services (LIR, ASAM 3.1)
- On site Partial Hospitalization (PHP) outpatient treatment (ASAM 2.5)
- Programming includes 24-hour care with trained counselors to stabilize multidimensional imminent danger and prepare clients for outpatient treatment.
- Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) clients accepted
- Recovery Education and Counseling
- Post Discharge Recovery Support
- Anger Management, Yoga, Drumming, and Meditation. Along with twelve step groups, SMART recovery groups and other alternative support group options can be made available
- 24/7 admissions and transportation
***New River Valley Residential Campus also includes onsite outdoor secure green spaces, beautiful views, full court indoor basketball and recreation area, exercise room, library, large group rooms, and spacious dining hall and cafeteria.***