Located in Radford, Virginia, our licensed and accredited New River Valley Residential program provides low intensity 3.1 residential and partial hospitalization programming (PHP) for adult men and women struggling with substance use and co-occurring disorders.
Designed to meet the specific needs of each individual, our program staff includes medical professionals, a counseling team led by master’s level clinicians, as well as peers with experience managing substance use and mental health disorders.
Our treatment program includes evidence-based practices such as cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), motivational interviewing and mindfulness programming. Evidence-based curriculum includes living in balance, seeking safety, trauma art and narrative therapy.
Additionally, based on the needs and preferences of the client, specialized groups have been developed that include moral reconation therapy and the trauma recovery empowerment model (TREM). We also utilize individual sessions to specifically work with clients relative to their own trauma background, specific co-occurring needs and relapse prevention.
Virginia Medicaid and most commercial medical insurances are accepted.
- Low-intensity residential services (LIR, ASAM 3.1)
- On-site partial hospitalization outpatient treatment (PHP, ASAM 2.5)
- Programming includes 24-hour care with trained counselors to stabilize multidimensional imminent danger and prepare clients for outpatient treatment
- Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) clients accepted
- Recovery education and counseling
- Post-discharge recovery support
- Anger management, yoga, drumming and meditation
- Along with twelve-step groups, SMART recovery groups and other alternative support group options can be made available
- 24/7 admissions and transportation
***The New River Valley residential campus also includes onsite outdoor secure green spaces, beautiful views, full court indoor basketball and recreation area, exercise room, library, large group rooms and spacious dining hall and cafeteria.***