12 Step Programs and National Recovery Resources
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP) – 202-966-7300 – This site provides information as a public service to aid in the understanding and treatment of the developmental, behavioral and mental disorders which affect an estimated 7 to 12 million children and adolescents at any given time in the United States.
- American Psychiatric Association – 888-35 PSYCH (77924) – The American Psychiatric Association is a medical specialty society recognized worldwide. It’s physicians specialized in the diagnosis and treatment of mental and emotional illness and substance abuse disorders.
- The American Psychological Association – 800-374-2721 – The American Psychological Association is the largest scientific and professional organization representing psychology in the United States.
- Celebrate Recovery Meetings
- Cocaine Anonymous
- Crystal Meth Anonymous
- Marijuana Anonymous
- Methadone Anonymous
- Narcotics Anonymous
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) – 800-950 NAMI (6264) – NAMI is a self-help, support and advocacy organization of consumers, families and friends of people with severe mental illness.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse
- National Mental Health Association – 703-684-7722 – The National Mental Health Association is the nation’s oldest and largest organization focused on mental health and mental illness, through advocacy, education, service, and research.
- Partnership for Drug-Free Kids
- Pills Anonymous
- Smart Recovery Meetings
- Smart Recovery Meetings (Online)
- Society for the Prevention of Teen Suicide – 732-410-7900 – The mission of the Society for the Prevention of Teen Suicide is to reduce the number of youth suicides and attempted suicides by encouraging public awareness through the development and promotion of educational training programs.
- Start Your Recovery
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
Maryland Recovery Resources
Pennsylvania Recovery Resources
Radio Shows and Blogs
- Clean and Sober Broadcasting
- Silvermist recovery blog – addiction treatment for young adults
- Silver Ridge recovery blog – addiction treatment for mid-life adults
- Free eBooks from Silver Ridge – addiction treatment for mid-life adults
- Real Recovery blog – sober living for young men
- The Light Program blog – outpatient mental health treatment
- Rehab After Work blog – outpatient addiction treatment
- Mazzitti & Sullivan Counseling blog – outpatient addiction and mental health treatment
- Mazzitti & Sullivan EAP blog – Employee Assistance Program insights and resources